August 12, 2008

photos galore!

We got back to Napoli yesterday afternoon and definitely miss waking up to the beautiful sea. Some good news though: They are picking up the garbage here EVERY DAY and they are starting to RECYCLE!!!! Woo-hoo! Bravo Napoli!

Here are some pictures of the last couple weeks at the vacation house. It's now time for both Antonello and I to start getting ready for school. Both of us start in September and are looking forward to experience that part of life together. It is definitely scary for me to think about taking the bus by myself in the crazy city of Napoli and still not being able to completely speak sentences fluently, but I will try. Prayers are greatly appreciated! :)


the view of the piazza in a beautiful little town called Maratea

I found the coolest doors which led to people's homes...this one is in Maratea

the best dessert croissant filled with nutella called a "bomba"

a beautiful statue in Maratea outside an old Catholic church

Marina and Emanuela

a house which I fell in love with...the history of this place was beautiful

a narrow walkway leading to houses and stores

who is that hot man? Oh...my fiance :)

Here are more pictures from Diamante, a little town we went to which means "diamond". They are known for their peppers, as you can see on this woman's balcony.

Antonello's family from a balcony in Diamante
...another beautiful door

the streets were lined with beautiful narrow walkways

sunset in Diamante

view from the main street

*smile*
photos from the Arco Magno...our 3rd trip there
dad Franco, friend Raffaele, me, friend Rosaria, and cousin Nunzia

umbrella's galore!!!

view from the top of the mountain at the Arco Magno...our beach was in the little cove in the upper right-hand corner of the picture

on the last day at the beach, my flip-flops broke so I had to wear Franco's aqua shoes...
I know, my feet are lookin' hot!

8 comments:

Heather & Matt Troxell said...

Love the pictures! I've never seen you smile soooooo much! :) Makes me happy.

I'll be praying for you as you learn how to navigate the city on your own and the language!

Love you lots--Heather
please tell Antonello hello for me!

The Webbers said...

what an adventure you are on. I mean, you wore aqua socks! That pretty much epitomizes adventure! I'll be praying that the Italian language would just fly out of your mouth when you open it to speak!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! No garbage. Hope this lasts!You will do great in Naples. I can't wait to hear you speak Italian. You look so beautiful! Miss you tons baby girl!

Cailyn said...

Pig-
Oh my goodness... I cannot believe the radiance that shines from your face! And the pictures are almost as beautiful as you are! :o) Keep coming with the details of life... and am excited to see what the Lord has for you as September approaches!
Love and prayers, my dear pig-friend,
Cailyn

DeeDee said...

hello?!?!!? you are a model! so beautiful! what a lucky man. :-)

Smarshie said...

your pixs are amAzing!!!

Haley said...

Holy crap you're beautiful.
Holy crap you're tan.
Holy crap I miss you.
Holy crap I have a card for you and no address to send it to.

Miss you pig. Fur sur. I mean, sit, like so, so, SO muts.

PS. You got Jesus.

Taylor Welty said...

You know, I think there seems to be a trend... borrowed aqua shoes, borrowed board shorts, what next?? :D