December 2, 2008

heart of gratitude...

I have 10 more days in Napoli before Antonello and I step on a plane and head back to the states for Christmas. As much as I am ready to see my mom and to be immersed back in english...I have to stop and truly think about all I have experienced here in the last 6 months. It has been so difficult but so healing as well. There are so many things that I will miss and there are so many things that I am grateful for....here are a few today!

So so so so thankful for grammy...the food she cooks tastes delicious every single time but more importantly, she is one of the most wisest, patient, and faithful women I have ever known.As much as I miss having a dryer, there is nothing like the smell of clean clothes hung out to dry on the line....

I probably have 11.5 more years to go before I am fluent in italian :), but I am more than grateful for being able to learn another language and to gain new perspectives with this culture and this country.

I am finally done with all the ornaments for the children at church!!!! I hope they like them!

...mmmm...fresh veggies daily and see that espresso maker in the back?....my favorite time of day is when grammy makes caffe! Buonissimo!
Don't get me started on the bread...so wonderful and fresh and...actually, I might be turning into a piece of bread with how much I eat daily! :)

The family always tells me that I am, "pazza per frutta!" They are right, I am crazy for fruit!


3 comments:

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......

DeeDee said...

i love your happy post! :-) what a lovely life you are living right now - enjoy it!!!!! when are you guys getting married!?

Amy said...

I love following you on your journey! Blessings sweet Sarah!

Amy Olson