May 5, 2009

a new day







I woke up this morning and needed to strike out on my own. I have done little walks here and there but today I felt like spending some much needed time by myself, exploring my new city, getting lost, finding my way again, and becoming more familiar/comfortable with my life here. It was a new day and I loved every minute of it. My adventures led me, first, to Piazza Gesu', where I found two Americans and walked with them to the waterfront where we explored Castello dell'Ovo and after parting ways, I found my favorite 3-story bookstore where I ordered something to eat and of course, caffe'. I walked back to my little studio along the sea, feeling the warm air all around me and tried to take everything in. The smell of the sea, the noise of the cars and scooters passing me by, the sound of the boats, and the beautiful language I am so desperately trying to learn.

I have a little tutoring job tomorrow night. A 15-year old girl in high school needs help with pronouncing some english words. I think I can do that. :)

Ciao amici!

2 comments:

Katie, Ryan, Sean, and Molly said...

Sarah! I am so glad you commented on my blog. I have been thinking about you these last few days (really) and want you to know i am thinking about you. I love reading about your adventures, desires, worries, hopes, etc. and you are in my prayers! Thanks again for the nice note!

)(( hannah mello ))( said...

seeing your napoli snapshots and reading of your adventures make me ache for napoli... :) hugs from afar.