July 27, 2009

A+ day

Antonello, his family, and I all went to a beautiful beach last Friday, just south of Rome and had a wonderful day playing in the water, kicking around the soccer ball, eating delicious food and.....getting burned. Oh, that part. That definitely wasn't wonderful or is it wonderful to look at my cooked body even today...on Monday.

I know, I know. Didn't you wear sunscreen Sarah? You have such white, delicate skin!! And the answer is YES, I put on so so so much sunscreen but I'm telling you, the sun that day was cookin' everyone. Antonello's shoulders took a beating, and even his aunt and uncle who came along got burnt as well.

On Saturday, I spent all day in bed with a 101 degree temperature feeling like fried chicken...horrible. The good news is that even though I can still see/feel the effects of that hot Friday, I am feeling so much better. I even slept for 6 hours straight last night without having to get up, get some ice, go to the bathroom, drink some water, & pray over my aloe vera bottle.

Today has been quite joyful to say the least. I did both loads of laundry I needed to get done, hung all my clothes out to dry, went to the grocery store and bought some yummy fruit, eggs and stuff to make home-made pasta sauce, made a delicious lunch with penne pasta and marinara with fresh basil and parm cheese, studied for my online TEFL (Teach English as a Foreign Language) certificate, am now updating my blog and later, after my afternoon caffe', study this beautiful language I am surrounded by daily.

Grade for the day: A+

No comments: