March 18, 2010

don't waste it...

I was listening online to a Twin Lakes Church service the other day and Rene, the pastor, was speaking about problems and what we can gain from them. He spoke about problems having value and producing an element of growth within our lives.

As much as I understand and can see that growth every time I go through problems, it's still no fun and I can't wait for them to be over. But then he said something that struck my heart when he started talking about having wisdom through the trials. He quoted something a woman had said (who was going through a very difficult time) to her pastor after having being asked, "How can I pray for you?" She replied, "Pray that I'll have the wisdom not to waste all this."

Pray I'll have the wisdom not to waste all this. Not, pray this will be over soon. Not just to throw my hands in the air and say, forget it, I'm done and wait for life to be comfortable again. Be present in the moment, in the day, in the hour and commit to finding something good.

Sarah, don't waste these trials and beautiful lessons you've been learning. There is so much light to be seen yet. Have the wisdom and courage to recognize it.

2 comments:

Haley said...

AMEN!

Such encouragement, thank you so much Sares!

Cailyn said...

Friend- I love you! I love your faith. thank you so for sharing your heart on here... it ministers to all of us!