July 1, 2008

updates

Update on the resident permit: After waiting for an hour and a half at the post office...(did I mention that the post office was like 150 degrees)...in downtown Naples, I finally turned all my paperwork in and my resident permit will be with me shortly. It took Antonello and I four and a half days to get all the necessary papers and information to get it done, but it's finally finished...we hope.

Update on the weather: I haven't lived in such humid weather before and it's quite difficult, especially in the afternoon when it is super hot and muggy outside. BUT, there are still beautiful times during the day, especially this one, where Antonello and I watched the sunset.



Update on the vacation house: We leave for the house on Thursday and while we are waiting to leave, Antonello and I have played numerous games of Yahtzee. If you look really hard, you will see 5 dice on the table, all with the number 1 on them. In one of our games, he rolled this hand on the first try...I'm going to take him to Vegas.



Update on Naples: Although things here are VERY different from the U.S., I am just thankful to be here with my love and feel so blessed to share my life with him.

1 comment:

jake0958 said...

Hi Sarah and Anotnello,

We just got back from our Mexico Mission trip and found out about your blogsite. SO happy you are together and we are praying for you Sarah as you adjust to life in Italy. Can't wait to hear more as you update things. The girls miss you. They keep asking if we can go visit you one day. I hope so.

We had a fantastic time in Mexico. The girls did so well. Jessica and Krista in particular made a friend with a 9 year old girl, Francis. Jessica has already written her a letter. The team worked well together, not very hot, got a lot accomplished. It was fun.

just wanted you to know we think of you and pray for you. TAke care and keep us posted!!

Love Robin for all the Spurlocks