March 18, 2009

MAMMA MIA!

MAMMA MIA, what a week full of emotions! Up and down, down and up....

Well, my dear friends, things have once again changed and boy, am I humbled. I am humbled because that beautiful, little dream apartment has once again become a reality. My mom, Antonello, and his family, are all going to pitch in and make this happen and I am so humbled and thankful for all of them. I have felt for so long that I haven't had a family and now God has blessed me, not only with a strong, courageous, beautiful mom, but also with a gigantic Italian family that is generous beyond words. I guess this is what families do for each other and I am so blessed to have all of them in my story.

Here are some more pictures that Antonello took, this time with his real camera. You will see a new white couch, the entryway, my orange Rachael Ray bathroom :), and a view looking up to my place.







I leave in a week to head back to Napoli. EVERY night, I lay in my bed thinking about moving, again, to a new place and about my job opportunity to work as a guide in Pompeii and leaving my mom at the airport again and leaving dear friends again, and being surrounded by a language, again, that is so beautiful but so frustrating to learn......but with all of those "again's", I wouldn't trade it for anything. With this whole Italian adventure and living down in Santa Cruz for 6 years prior, I have learned so much about myself; some things I would just as soon keep locked up in my own little vault but in order to grow and change, they have to be released. For those of you who know me, know I am a very emotional person and that can be a healthy thing as well as a detriment; a stopper to growth.
About 4/5 years ago, I started reading this book that my roommate, Cara (hi Rooms!) had recommended, called 'Girl Meets God' and I wrote down something that rocked my world at that time and even more so now.
"He (God) is calling me to a place where He is truer than
everything else, truer even than how I feel."
As I head back to Napoli, and have started truly releasing/admitting/recognizing how powerful my emotions can be, I so desperately want God to be truer than them; to find a way to make this a reality for my life as I am faced with another life-changing move. I feel like it's more important now than ever.

3 comments:

HALLELUJAHS BY HOLLY said...

how wonderful sarah! sounds like you are living a wonderful life and leaning on god for your understanding. i send all my love to you as you prepare to leave for italy. i know we've kind of gone our separate ways, but as i've grown (for pete's sake, we're almost 30 years old!), i think of you, (your silly crazy self), the closeness we once had, and how happy i am to get to read little tidbits and know you're doing well. i hope you are filled with joy and embrace all that is coming your way. what a wonderful adventure. congratulations girl!

Brian, Emily, Violet, and Jack said...

What a blessing and answer to prayer! I'm so glad things are working out, we'll continue to pray as you transition in a week! Love you!

Sally K. said...

I love following along with your updates - and this is certainly a great one. Sending hugs and love to you!