March 9, 2009

happy tears

Isn't it funny/frustrating/amazing how things have a way of working themselves out? Funny & amazing because it seems impossible and unreachable at first...and frustrating because of all the emotion and worry you spend on thinking if it will work out or how it will work out. I have been thinking/stressing/praying for a place to live when I return to Napoli and it just so happened that today may have provided such a place...about 95% sure. :) Antonello and his mom went and looked at a beautiful (& NEW) apartment today in downtown Napoli, right on Corso Umberto, the street that led to my language school in the fall. The landlord was wonderful and the place was clean and beautiful and it's close to where Marina, Antonello's mom works, and it's SO close to Piazza Garibaldi where the train station is, and it's surrounded by clothes/shoe stores :), and I could go on and on and on!!!!!!!!!!

I feel as though my heart is exploding with joy whenever I think about it. I know when I go back, (in exactly 3 weeks) that I will probably face some culture shock again and that it will definitely take some time to adjust back into speaking italian but with this new place (if it ALL works out), I can have a little of my independence back. I will be able to experience more of 'me' in that beautiful country...I pray.

Here are a few pictures that Antonello took with his camera phone, so the quality isn't that great but you get the idea!

the little kitchen with a brand new little table (with it's cover still on!)


there is an upstairs/downstairs where the kitchen and bathroom are downstairs and the bedroom is at the top of the stairs.


of course every apartment has a little balcony! (taken from inside the apartment)

3 comments:

HALLELUJAHS BY HOLLY said...

looks beautiful...hope it works out for you. i am so thrilled for you sarah. what an adventure you've been on while living in italy and experiencing life. sometimes i wish for an adventure like that! lots of love to you...

Susan Benson said...

Sarah! That is the sweetest news. I am so, so happy for you!! What a great looking apartment. Cheri told me the street you were on and I've been all over Google Maps getting the big picture. Lucky you!! What a great neighborhood to claim as your own. Then again, I think the neighborhood is lucky to have you. You'll be the darling of shopkeepers and cafe workers up and down the boulevard.

Haley said...

Sarah, it is BEAUTIFUL! I can already imagine you moving in and creating an inviting, cozy home for yourself!

Bravisimo Antonello!