November 25, 2008

keepin' busy

Along with the wonderful gift of being able to spend time with 2 friends from the U.S. of A., the 3 of us were able to take a day trip to Sorrento. It was absolutely beautiful, but a little chilly as we walked through the little streets lined with stores full of ceramics, wood-work, Italia clothing, and ones that were full of limoncello! Clint and I walked down to the water's edge and ate pizza under the cold, bright sun while the rest of the day held wonderful conversation and in the end, a MAD dash to the train station to drop them off on time. Driving in Napoli through the little, chaotic streets is almost like you are in a video game...good times.

along the cliffs looking up at the little town
another beautiful view of the buildings

a cool tree we found along the walk...JT was my photographer

eating lunch and yes...I brought my billy-bob teeth to Italia
(I wouldn't ME without them)

Aside from spending some much-needed time with friends, Antonello and I are keeping busy. The children's ministry at his church has asked me to help out with posters, crafts, etc., so my current project are these little foam ornaments where you have to weave little pieces of ribbon through eachother to create this effect...my oh my, I keep reminding myself and my hands, that are becoming crippled, that it's for the kids. It's all for the kids. :)


This Saturday, Antonello is speaking to the high school ministry at his church so he has been busy with preparing his talk as well as workin' hard in school. Every time I look at what he is studying, I think it's another foreign language; it's incredible what this boy knows! Aside from church and school, he is planning on getting a tattoo with our initials. How does it look? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, how I love you especially with those teeth. Nobody but you would take 'teeth' with her to Italy.

Darling Antonello, NON tatuaggio!

16 days....woohoo

~Mom

Haley said...

You are amazing. And I LOVE the tattoo, of course.