January 22, 2009

finding peace

Last week I came upon a beautiful day and decided to take a little walk. I left my house, walked up a few hills, down a couple streets and ended up at one of my favorite spots in Magnolia. It is a beautiful little park sitting right on top of the Puget Sound. I sat and watched a ferry make it's way down the Sound and listened to the wind in the trees. Peace was my middle name.

My mom gave me the sweetest book for Christmas, entitled, "be strong", by various authors/poets/artists. It is compiled of little sayings encouraging the world, each other and ourselves to 'be strong' and endure. I thought it would be fitting to share some of them through the beautiful pictures from my afternoon stroll.
"The best way out is always through." -Robert Frost
"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
-Margaret Thatcher


"We are never powerless." -Jane Seymour

"Perhaps I am stronger than I think." -Thomas Merton

"Today I live in the quiet, joyous expectation of good." -Ernest Holmen

1 comment:

Mandy said...

such beautiful pictures, Sarah! and sounds like a beautiful book- thanks for sharing it!
I hope you are still feeling that peace- that shalom- especially in the midst of the so many unknowns in your future that we talked about the other day.
It was so great to see you, by the way! I hope we can see you again before you leave back to Italy! You have such an amazing heart!