January 30, 2009

a trip to Olympia...

Today, my mom and I headed down to Olympia to visit my Aunt Jonnie, my cousin, Josh, and his little one, Sam....who absolutely melted my heart and my mom's as well. From the moment we walked through the door, little Sam had the biggest smile on his face while he bopped around on his cute little tush. We had the greatest time making faces at eachother and playing with his toys...my mom ticker was definitely ticking today! :)

I haven't seen my aunt since before I left for Italy, and haven't seen Josh for almost 7 years! It was so wonderful to spend time with the three of them, go out to lunch at good ol' Red Robin, laugh with Sam (oh be still my heart), and to simply be near to my family. I have missed them.

mom and Sam (he snuggled right in) sweet Sam

"Aunt" Sarah and Sam

beautiful Aunt Jonnie and "Aunt" Sarah :)

Dad Josh, Sam and I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fell upon your blog accidentally - but what a beautiful story I have just read! I went back to the beginning of your journey of love and life, and was amazed by the experiences you have had. You are lucky to have these memories, these experiences, and the heart to come through them, good and bad. I think you should seriously consider turning your experiences into a published book - there are many who would benefit from reading about your bravery and growth in this experience! Good luck, many prayers, keep blogging, and God Bless!