April 17, 2009

first days

I spent my first day, yesterday, all by myself in my little studio and had a wonderful day unpacking a few things, getting an unexpected visit from my "property manager" named Mustafa (sort of like Mufasa from the Lion King!) who I tried my best to understand and be understood in italian, a long walk to my favorite bookstore by my language school where I ended up buying "Twilight", a wonderful lunch of pasta fagioli (beans) and of course, bread & fruit, and a night of studying some italian and finishing the night with watching an italian show called, "Affari Tuoi" which is like the American show, "Deal or no Deal".

Antonello and I just got back from a walk to the waterfront where we grabbed some gelato and caffe'...I'm still trying to figure out where and how I fit in this country/city that can oftentimes be scary but so liberating at the same time. Now, I'm just praying for a stable job...rent is coming up soon. :)

2 comments:

Haley said...

Yesssss!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful day...sometimes that is what we live for isn't it...