September 13, 2008

a trip to Bari

I went to my first Italian wedding...well, my first Italian Catholic wedding that is. Antonello's cousin, Dario, got married so I met even more family as we traveled 2 hours to the east side of Italy, called Bari. Marina's brother, Mino, lives over there with his wife, Maria, and their three children. It is definitely smaller than Naples and is located more in the country; it was nice to see another city other than Naples, but we were happy to get back home on Friday.

We had a lot of fun eating the 13 course meal (which wasn't that great) and dancing the night away. The whole night lasted almost 12 hours so needless to say, we were very tired.

The next morning, Antonello's aunt, Maria, took us to the "The Grottoes of Castellana" which was discovered in 1938. It was absolutely breathtaking and unfortunately you weren't allowed to take any pictures except in the first cave, which you will see below.
Franco, Emanuela and I before the wedding

My handsome fiance


Emanuela, Franco, Marina, me, Antonello & Nonna (Grammy)

outside the restaurant where we had appetizers

Dario and Katia...the newlyweds another view from outside the restaurant...the party moved out here for dancing and the cutting of the cake

the tables inside the dining room Marina and I
Mom and son
the best food of the night; lemon sorbet in raspberry sauce"I wanna dance with somebody!" outside pics

outside of the grottoes...houses called "trulli"inside the grottoes


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna dance with somebody....DANCE!

I wish we could dance and sing together today!!

love you :)

The Webbers said...

Oh my beautiful friend, I sure do miss you. Every time I read your blog I feel like I'm watching a movie or something. What a fun fairytale!

Haley said...

So beautiful!
(You and the rest of it!)

Love you friend!