September 26, 2008

2 down, 2 to go

My first two weeks of school have passed so I thought I should post a picture of my good-lookin' class for all to see.

From left to right you have:
  • 1) Luciano-he's from Madagascar and speaks French so he has that throat thing going on when he speaks Italian. He is very sweet and has a beautiful smile that he readily shares with the rest of us.
  • 2) Teresa-she's from Mexico and is at Centro Italiano with a group from her university. She's had an easier time picking up the language seeing how close Spanish is to Italian and was the only other girl in the class so we bonded right away.
  • 3) me :)
  • 4) Marcella-she was one of my teachers (Maria was the other one and I didn't get her picture last Friday but will post a pic soon!) Marcella was absolutely wonderful and so PATIENT with our broken Italian; it was her last day this past Friday because she usually only works during the summer months so I will have a new teacher tomorrow along with Maria.
  • 5) Ezron-sweet Ezron is from India and has the most beautiful singing voice. He became my buddy and him and Antonello got along right away. He spoke some English so we were able to communicate a little easier with that. He is going to Rome soon to study theology and hopefully become a priest in 3 years! Mamma mia!!!
  • 6)Giascinto-he is also from Madagascar and is friends with Luciano. He carries around one of those electronic dictionaries so we always knew we could count of him to be a fast translator!
  • 7)Taka-he's from Japan and we had a blast together! He is in Naples for a year and is studying to be a pizza maker!!! He's one of the funniest people I know and along with Ezron and Teresa, his time at Centro Italiano is finished.
All 3 of them have already finished their course and won't be there tomorrow so I will have new students in my class...it truly makes me sad when I think of it. We sort of became a little family these past 2 weeks but you know what new people means........new memories, so bring it on!
Below is a picture of Piazza di Gesu which is located right by my school. There is also a cute library to the right of this statue where they sell a wide array of english books! Hooray!!!!
As my time at Centro Italiano is coming to an end in 2 weeks, I remember the fear and trepidation I felt when I had a month, 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day left until school started, and to read about it in my journal now, I have a deeper trust in God. He is so faithful and although I might have said that before, I not only say it now, but know it. I have experienced his faithfulness in a way I have never before.
As the cover of my journal says:
"She's turning her life into something sacred: Each breath, a new birth. Each moment, a new chance. She bows her head, gathers her dreams from a pure, deep stream and stretches her arms towards the sky."

3 comments:

Smarshie said...

Oooh! This brings back memories of my Spanish classes in Costa Rica. Language schools are such an awesome way to not only learn the language, but meet people from all over the world. Congrats on completing your 2 weeks! You'll be fluent before ya know it. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Finally found and checked out your blog. Stoked that life is going so good. Give Antonello my greetings. I guess i need to get to Napoli next time. The water looks amazing. So do you. Italy and Antonello definitely agree with you.

DeeDee said...

i don't know what you posted on my blog- but THANKS and i LOVE ya :-) :-)