September 15, 2008

my first day of school!


Well, my friends...I went to my first day of school today at Centro Italiano. Above, you will see a picture of what it looks like outside. Thankfully, Antonello had a test at his school so both of us were able to take the bus together this morning and my precious fiance walked me to the front door of Centro Italiano, which resembles what hobbits would walk through!

I was a little early, so as we arrived, a woman did as well. It turns out she is one of the teachers and her name is Monica. Antonello asked if he could drop me off with her and she said of course; I was in good hands. Monica and I went through the hobbit door and entered the courtyard, which is shown above. We climbed 3 flights of stairs and found our floor; she unlocked the door and I walked into what my life will look like for the next 4 weeks.

After meeting a girl from Austria, named Ursula, who speaks English, and taking both a written and oral placement test, I was placed in what seems to be level 3. There are 5 other people in my class and we are only allowed to speak Italian in class...wait a minute...is this my life?
Am I really doing all of this? Did I really move over here to be with Antonello in a whole new world and am now studying in Italia? Am I really going to wake up tomorrow morning and leave the house BY MYSELF and take two buses, for a total of 45 minutes, to travel to school and speak Italian for 4 straight hours without any english help and then hop back on the bus, straining my brain even more to push the little red button on the bus for my correct stops to make it home okay?

All I can say is, "Sono pronta per questo avventura!"

3 comments:

pastry ninja said...

Hi Sarah! Don't know if you remember me-but this Andi Murakami from TLC. I was thinking about you the other day and heard that you had moved to Italy? Crazy! :) But I just wanted to get in touch with you and say hi. I didn't know you had left CK ministries, but I'm so excited about the wonderful adventure God has given you! Congratulations!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your Hobbitt school looks sooo cute! You can do this! And look, you made a friend that speaks english. Mybe she can be your BFF while you are there! I loved hearing your voice! Pray for me...Sofia's service is this week! I will give Rebecca a hug from you! I love you soooo big!

Janet

Heather & Matt Troxell said...

"I wish I could...talk to Heather Troxell on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Is this possible??? I have a calling card so I will try calling you around 11 am or noon either on Saturday or Sunday.

Love love love
me"

YES YES YES! :) :) :) Saturday works well... Sunday would be a littler harder.

(831) 335-5669 home
(831) 325-9496 cell