June 5, 2008

3rd time is the charm!


I woke up at 7:45 a.m. this morning, drove to my dear friend Susan Hurley's and borrowed a more dependable car for my THIRD trip to the Italian embassy in San Francisco. I found a friendly-staffed garage to park in and walked boldly to the front door of the Italian embassy, with a stuffed folder in hand.


After waiting an hour and a half and having pleasant conversations with two women from India, who were trying to obtain visas as well, my eyes saw an answered prayer- the man who helped me during my second round of my visa process. During that visit, he shared vital information with me and truly helped me see the possibility in traveling to Italy as a student to be able to stay with Antonello for a year.


He was on his smoke break and my heart was lifted in hope as I saw him, knowing that the Lord was there with me. As I was first in line, he came up to me, smiled with his eyes, and asked me if I was ready. I walked to the window, stood before him, handed him my paperwork and waited in anticipation. He went through all of my 11 documents that are needed for obtaining a student visa, and asked me if I wanted some good news. I said yes and he gave me the nod which meant the process was complete. After a "grazie mille" (thank you very much), and a "prego" (you're welcome) with a wink from my Italian embassy angel, I danced out the door. Literally.


On June 19th, I will have my student visa. Watch out Napoli, here I come!

3 comments:

The Webbers said...

Hooray! That is so wonderful. I wish that someone would put the security video (I assume they have security cameras there) of you dancing out the door on YouTube so that the rest of us could enjoy it! I've got a pretty good picture in my head! I love you friend!

Sharon Renwick said...

Such an answer to prayer! God goes before you. Let the knowledge of that give you confidence and peace. Tell Antonello, Marina, Marco and Emanuela and Napoli hello for me! Hope to see you all in October!

Sharon Renwick said...

Sarah, such an answer to prayer! God goes before you. Let the knowledge of that give you confidence and peace. Tell Antonello, Marco, Marina, and Emanuela and NApoli hello for me. I hope to see you all in October!