June 10, 2008

Back to the rain!




Yesterday, I was in sunny Santa Cruz. As I write this, I am back in cloudy, drippy Seattle...but with much joy in my heart. It took 6 people at different times during the day to jam 15 boxes, 4 suitcases, 1 t.v. and many other knick-knacks into the back of a Ford Explorer..it was an amazing sight I tell you.

After meeting my beautiful friend, Yolanda, at Surf City at 6:30 a.m. for a large cup of coffee, my mom and I headed out to find I-5 which would lead us to Seattle. The trip was full of talking, singing, laughing so hard we both had tears running down our cheeks, 2 gas breaks, seeing the aftermath of a horribe accident in Oregon, driving through numerous slow-downs from road work, getting lost on a 405/I-5 interchange, and trying to just survive the last 3 hours in the pouring down rain to get home at 1:30 in the morning. I can't tell you how happy we both were to get out of the car and into our beds. I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.

2 weeks until Italia! I have to go through all my stuff now...CIAO!

2 comments:

Heather and Matt Troxell said...

YAY! You made it! :) I was hoping/praying all was going well... Love you friend!

The Webbers said...

I'm so glad you made it safely! We're excited for you:)