June 29, 2008

together again...

Hi, it's us...finally. The last four days have been full of excitement and lots of little ups and downs. Not only do we have to start packing for the vacation house, but also finish getting a residence permit and medical insurance. We already thought that I (Sarah) had finished the biggest job with getting the student visa to come over here for a year but now the process to get a permit is giving both of us a headache. We had to go to 3 different post offices yesterday but NO ONE had this special kit for obtaining a permit so his dad took us to downtown Naples and we finally got it...after getting a big blister on my toe from walking around all morning. (not to mention it was like 200 degrees outside) Right now, we filled out all the forms and are going to buy some insurance tomorrow and turn everything in before we take a train and leave for the vacation house on Wednesday. I have to do this all within 8 days of arriving in Italy...Mamma mia!

We had a wonderful church service today where I (Sarah) got to see a lot of people I knew and recognized from Festival last June. After church, we went back to grammy's for lunch with the whole family and took naps and tonight we are going to hang out with some friends!

Ci vediamo! (See you later!) :)

P.S. These beautiful roses were waiting for me when I arrived at grammy's...bellissimi! Grazie Antonello!

2 comments:

The Webbers said...

I love that you guys get to be together:) I'm sure it's SO wonderful.

Heather & Matt Troxell said...

I agree with SW... I'm glad you get to just BE together (even if you're getting blisters!) By the way, I wanted to say Buon Compleanno (or HAPPY BIRTHDAY) to Antonello... I know I'm a little late but hey-- better late than never! I love you... have fun at the BEACH! :)