October 6, 2008

..."stress and change and sacrifice."

Here are a few pictures from this weekend and apart from turning into a pro soccer player (do you like my cool uniform?), we have had the most beautiful sunsets lately. And, aside from both of those things, I am in my last week at school. To be honest, I am extrememly happy and sad at the same time. I feel like I have hit a wall with my italian so thinking of finishing in 4 more days brings me joy but I also don't want to give up.
As much as this experience has brought laughter and "memories to last a lifetime", I still miss America and I so desperately want to "go home" soon. Talking to Doug Valenzuela, the missionary who is Antonello's pastor from Twin Lakes Church, yesterday at church, he said, "At least when I moved to Italy I had my wife, Diana, who spoke english and we shared the same culture. Where you are living and what you are doing takes a special person to do that. I would have given up already if I was you."
As encouraging as those words were to me, I feel like I am not that special person. I don't know if the deep love that Antonello and I have for each other is going to withstand this stress and change and sacrifice. Maybe I am not the right woman for this story.
I would give anything to see the ocean right now...


a short video taken from grammy's balcony

6 comments:

Heather & Matt Troxell said...

You ARE the right woman... don't let the devil speak any lies to you, Sarah. I love the pictures... thank you for sharing!

Now here is my question for you:

How can we (the collective friends/family in the US) help you in this time?-- Care packages? IM chats? Phone calls? Cards? Letters? Pictures? Please let us know...

love you lots...

Anonymous said...

Sares, do you have Skype? You need a webcam but we chat and see each other at the same time! I miss you, friend. Thanks for being so honest with us about where you are. -Sares #2 (the Marsh)

Anonymous said...

I love your friends sweetheart. They are treasures.

And, of course I you morst.

Mom

Anonymous said...

OOPS

I LOVE you morst

Mom

Anonymous said...

You are the woman for this story...This is just one page of it. It's ok to want to come home. You will always feel that. Don't think that it means that you don't have enough love! I need an address for you...If you get to Seattle...I will fly up!It doesn't mean you don't love Italy!!It just means you love us too!!

Big like the ocean! Janet

Anonymous said...

hang in there Sarah...if you are confident that the Lord said GO! then don't waiver...any new change takes time...like a new job...it takes atleast a few months to start feeling like you have a clue! Thanks for letting me share a bit of your life through your blog!
Casey Mock