October 23, 2008

a thankful countdown

I have 50 more days here in Napoli before I step on an airplane on the 12th of December and fly to the one place I desperately want to see: Seattle, WA where my beautiful mom is. No matter what the weather brings, I just want to hug my mom, be in my house, drink a big cup of American coffee and breathe the fresh air in Seattle while taking a walk in my neighborhood.

I am so thankful for my city, my culture and the way I was raised. I am thankful for my amazing mom and that I will see her soon. She has been nothing but 100% supportive of the woman I am and the choices that I have made and are making. I pray to be even 1/2 the mother she is one day. She inspires me daily.

*a note for my beautiful whoosy-whatsit gotsum wi-ery: I love you so much and I want you to know how important and special you are to my life. Thank you for all your support you have given me on this journey that I have been on and for all your wisdom and advice.

One more thing, is it illegal for me to start listening to Christmas songs after Halloween? :)

3 comments:

Heather & Matt Troxell said...

just in time for the birthday! :)

enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Mom says:

You have my permission to listen to all the Christmas music you want...after Halloween!

I love you sweetheart,
~Mom

Anonymous said...

You can start singing Happy Birthday to us too! I turn 32 this year!tell mom I want to come up for a sleep over! Stay in bed and watch movies and drink wine!!!!Love you BIG! It was so good to hear your voice!

Janet